Price: 10.00 euro
For sale on http://www.propagandaworld.org
Glass made in the DDR. On the glass is the logo of the GST (Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik, Sport and Technology Association).
The Sport and Technology Association was established in 1952 and ended in 1990. In 1988 it had 600.000 members. It was one of the East German “Mass Orgganizationss”. It was established to structure the free time of young people interested in sports and technology in group activities.
Each member was asked to bring in their technological equipment such as, motorcycles, aircraft, radios, and to pratice sports and participate in competitions such as motorraces and shooting. The association worked closely with the National People’s Army (NVA) in order to give children a pre militairy and discipline training.