Price: 15.00 euro
For sale on http://www.propagandaworld.org
Glass made in the DDR. On the glass is an image of the Soviet T-34 tank.
The T-34 is a Soviet medium tank introduced in 1940. Its 76.2 mm tank gun was more powerful than its contemporaries while its 60 degree sloped armour provided good protection against anti-tank weapons. The T-34 had a profound effect on the conflict on the Eastern Front in the Second World War, and had a lasting impact on tank design. After the Germans encountered the tank in 1941 during Operation Barbarossa, German general Paul Ludwig Ewald von Kleist called it “the finest tank in the world” and Heinz Guderian affirmed the T-34’s “vast superiority” over German tanks.
The Soviets ultimately built over 80.000 T-34s of all variants, allowing steadily greater numbers to be fielded despite the loss of tens of thousands in combat against the German Wehrmacht. Replacing many light and medium tanks in Red Army service, it was the most-produced tank of the war, as well as the second most-produced tank of all time (after its successor, the T-54/T-55 series). With 44,900 lost during the war, it also suffered the most tank losses ever.