Price: 10.00 euro
For sale on http://www.propagandaworld.org
Glass made in the DDR. The text on the glass reads:”From the classes and brothers in arms”, and in the logo”Brotherhood in arms”, meaning the Warsaw Pact. The Warsaw Pact was a military alliance of communist countries that existed between 1955 and 1991. It was established as a counterpart to NATO at the suggestion of Soviet party leader Nikita Khrushchev.
The treaty was signed on 14 May 1955 in the Polish capital, Warsaw, in response to NATO by the Soviet Union, Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, the GDR, Hungary, Poland and Czechoslovakia. All but one of the communist states in Eastern Europe were members: only Yugoslavia was left out. The members of the pact promised to defend each other if one or more members were attacked.