Price: 1.50 euro
For sale at http://www.propagandaworld.org
Pin made in the Soviet Union. The text on the pin reads:”Mglin”. Mglin is a town and the administrative center of Mglinsky District in Bryansk Oblast, Russia. During World War II, Mglin was occupied by the German Army from 16 August 1941 to 22 September 1943. Prior to the war, 726 Jews lived in the town. The majority of Jews were merchants and artisans. There was also a Jewish kolkhoz. There was a synagogue in the town, but it was closed before the war. Some of the Jews managed to evacuate before the Germans arrived. Shortly after the occupation, all of the Jews were registered and marked. In January 1942, they were confined to a prison, where they stayed till the execution on March 2, 1942. While in prison, the Jews were used for forced labor. Before being executed, the Jews had to undress to underwear in the little house, which used to be a morgue, situated about 500m from the mass grave. The shooting was carried out by a special German punitive unit in black uniforms and around 500 people were killed.