Desktop made in the DDR, 1970, for celebrating the 100th. birthday of Lenin. The text on the plate reads:”100th. birthday on 22 april 1970″. Lenin’s original name was Vladimir Iljitsj Oeljanov. He lived from 1870-1924. He was a revolutionairy and the first leader of the Soviet Union. His political and social ideas, known as Leninism, was based on the social ideas of Karl Marx, called Marxism. After the october revolution in 1917 he was the first leader of the Soviet Union and put in place the first communist party and the first communist state in the world. His supporters were called the Bolsheviks. In the early 20’s Lenin had a series of strokes on wich he died in 1924. After losing is ability to speak. Lenin’s body was embalmed to preserve it for long term public display in the Red Square mausoleum. During this process, Lenin’s brain was removed. Lenin’s body is still on display. It is assumed that Lenin’s alias was chosen from the river Lena. One of the longest river in the world.
Price: 89.00 euro Size case: 37.5×25.5cm./14.7x10inch. Size plaque: 29×17.5cm./11.4×6.8inch. Weight: 1495gr./52.7oz. For sale at http://www.propagandaworld.org
Buchenwald concentration camp ceramic memorial plaque made in the DDR. Modelled to the Buchenwald monument of Fritz Cremer. This large plaque is very moving with two holes at the back to hang and display. The back shows the double sword logo of Meissen and the manufacturer’s names Bettger Steinzeug. In it’s original case. Buchenwald was a Nazi concentration camp established on Ettersberg hill near Weimar, Germany, in July 1937. It was one of the first and the largest of the concentration camps within Germany’s 1937 borders. Many actual or suspected communists were among the first internees. Prisoners came from all over Europe and the Soviet Union; Jews, Poles and other Slavs, the mentally ill and physically disabled, political prisoners, Romani people, Freemasons, and prisoners of war. There were also ordinary criminals and sexual “deviants”. All prisoners worked primarily as forced labor in local factories. The insufficient food and poor conditions, as well as deliberate executions, led to 56,545 deaths at Buchenwald of the 280,000 prisoners who passed through the camp. The camp gained notoriety when it was liberated by the United States Army in April 1945; Allied commander Dwight D. Eisenhower visited one of its subcamps.
Wooden desktop with aluminium image and plate. The text on the plate reads:”30 years NVA team winners”. The NVA was formed in 1956 to succeed the Kasernierte Volkspolizei (Barracked People’s Police) and influenced by the Soviet Army, becoming one of the Warsaw Pact militaries opposing NATO during the Cold War. The majority of NATO officers rated the NVA the best military in the Warsaw Pact based on discipline, thoroughness of training, and the quality of officer leadership. The NVA did not see significant combat but participated in the Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1968, deployed military advisors to communist governments in other countries, and manned the Berlin Wall where they were responsible for numerous deaths. The NVA was dissolved in 1990 and its facilities and equipment were handed over to the Bundeswehr (the armed forces of West Germany), which also absorbed most of its personnel below the rank of non-commissioned officer.
Price: 55.00 euro Size: 10x7cm./3.9×2.7inch. Weight: 390gr./13.7oz.
DDR desktop with the Oerlikon Mosquito Anti Tank Missile made in 1960. Relationship gift and not made in large numbers. This very well could be the only one survived. Heavy chromed rocket made of non-magnetic metal. The Mosquito was an Italian wire-guided anti-tank missile developed by the Swiss firm Contraves AG in close cooperation with the German firm of Bölkow.
(R.28.5.20) Price: 34.50 euro Size: 22.5×7.8cm./8.8x3inch. Weight: 305gr./10oz.
The famous Berlin TV tower made in crystal. Crystal ornament on cobalt blue base with 2 minor corner damages. The back is made with a depth effect, very beautiful. The tower was constructed between 1965 and 1969 by the government of the DDR. It was intended to be both a symbol of Communist power and of the city. It remains a landmark today, visible throughout the central and some suburban districts of Berlin. With its height of 368 metres (1207ft.) it is the tallest structure in Germany, and the third-tallest structure in the European Union.
Metal plaque about 60 years of October Revolution. The plaque reads:”Red October” and pictured are the ship the Aurora who fired the first shot in the October Revolution and a hammer and sickle. On the back it reads:”Friendship” in the German and Russian language. And:”30 Years of DSF”. DSF means “Gesellshaft Fur Deutsch-Sowjetische Freundshaft/Society For German-Soviet Friendship”. Pictured also on the back are the flags of the Soviet Union and the DDR. Made of bronze in 1977.
Price: 95.00 euro
Size box: 36.5cm./14.3inch.
Size bowl: 30cm./11.8inch.
Unussual big bowl from the DDR. It is made out of glass and heavy. The bowl says:”Bordertroops Of The German Democratic Republic.” and in the center:”Border Command Center”.
The Border Troops of the German Democratic Republic was the border guard of the German Democratic Republic (GDR) from 1946 to 1990.
The Grenztruppen were the primary force guarding the Berlin Wall and the Inner German border. The force belonged to the Ministry of National Defence (MfNV) from 1961, and was a service branch of the National People’s Army until 1971 when it became directly subordinate to the MfNV. The Border Troops numbered approximately 47,000 personnel at its peak, consisting of volunteers and conscripts, the third largest Warsaw Pact border guard after Soviet Union and Poland.
The Grenztruppen main role was preventing Republikflucht, the illegal migration from the GDR, and were controversially responsible for many deaths at the Berlin Wall. At least 29 border guards were killed in the line of duty, and many faced criminal charges after German Reunification.