Pamphlet made in the Netherlands, 1977, by Verbond Tegen Ambtelijke Willekeur (Association Against Official Arbitrariness) with a speech of Dirk De Vroome. Although VAW considered itself not a political party but as individuals, it took part at the national elections of 1977 but did not get enough votes to participate in the government.
Pamphlet made in the Netherlands, 1977, by Verbond Tegen Ambtelijke Willekeur (Association Against Official Arbitrariness). Although VAW considered itself not a political party but as individuals, it took part at the national elections of 1977 but did not get enough votes to participate in the government.
Pamphlet made in the Netherlands in support of the German R.A.F. organisation. Different members who got arrested died in German prisons due to suicide. The organisation who made this pamphlet is believing they were murdered and is calling for a demonstration. The text on the pamphlet reads:”Again Murder On Political Prisoners In Germany”. The Red Army Faction (RAF) also known as the Baader-Meinhof Group, was a West German far-left militant organization founded in 1970. The government of the Federal Republic of Germany, as well as most Western media and literature, considered the Red Army Faction to be a terrorist organization. The Red Army Faction engaged in a series of bombings, assassinations, kidnappings, bank robberies and shoot-outs with police over the course of three decades. The RAF has been held responsible for 34 deaths, with many others injured throughout its almost thirty years of activity. 26 RAF members or supporters died.
Pamphlet made in the Netherlands. The title on the pamphlet reads:”Hundreds opponents of the Sjah regime shot down by police”. The pamhlet calls for a rally in Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands, wich was organized by the Confederation Of Iranian Students.
Pamphlet made in the Netherlands by the Rode Jeugd (Red Youth). Made in 1970 against the visit of President Suharto to the Netherlands. The text on the pamphlet reads:”Suharto is coming, strike, strike, strike!!!”. The Red Youth was a communist movement in the Netherlands. The organization stem from a group of people around the magazine “The Red Youth” founded in 1966 by the Pro-Chinese Red Flag movement. In 1967, relatively shortly after the emergence, the group split from the Red Flag movement to set up its own organization. A small group of 15 people traveled to South Yemen to follow a camp of the People’s Front for the liberation of Palestine combat training, where the RAF was also doing it’s training. In the end, a number of attacks, including bomb attacks, were conducted mainly in and around teh city of Eindhoven in the Netherlands. However, no of these actions were people killed. In September 1972, the car from the Chief Commissioner of the police and the house of the mayor was blown up. When preparing attacks, the Red Youth was also assited by the Marxist-Leninist Party in the Netherlands. In fact, the MLPN was a undercover operation of the domestic security service. Part of the Red Youth was the Red Aid, in support of prisoners and the Red Resistance Front, an organization that conducted protestactions in support of caught RAF members and also provided certain support to the RAF.
Pamphlet made in the Netherlands by the Eindhoven-Griekenland (Greece) action group. The text on the pamphlet reads:”Philips is openly supporting Hitler dictatortship in Greece”. Made in the early 1970’s and was aimed at the Philips company wich was doing business in Greece when it had a militairy regime.
Pamphlet made in the Netherlands by the Rode Jeugd (Red Youth) with the image of Ho Chi Minh in support of the Vietcong in the Vietnam war. Made in the 1970’s and it comes from a ex-member of the Red Youth organisation. The Red Youth was a communist movement in the Netherlands. The organization stem from a group of people around the magazine “The Red Youth” founded in 1966 by the Pro-Chinese Red Flag movement. In 1967, relatively shortly after the emergence, the group split from the Red Flag movement to set up its own organization. A small group of 15 people traveled to South Yemen to follow a camp of the People’s Front for the liberation of Palestine combat training, where the RAF was also doing it’s training. In the end, a number of attacks, including bomb attacks, were conducted mainly in and around teh city of Eindhoven in the Netherlands. However, no of these actions were people killed. In September 1972, the car from the Chief Commissioner of the police and the house of the mayor was blown up. When preparing attacks, the Red Youth was also assited by the Marxist-Leninist Party in the Netherlands. In fact, the MLPN was a undercover operation of the domestic security service. Part of the Red Youth was the Red Aid, in support of prisoners and the Red Resistance Front, an organization that conducted protestactions in support of caught RAF members and also provided certain support to the RAF.
Pamphlet made in the Netherlands by the Rode Jeugd (Red Youth). The text on the pamphlet reads:”Chief Commissioner Hondenkerken protector of Philips”. Made in the 1970’s and it comes from a ex-member of the Red Youth organisation. The Red Youth was a communist movement in the Netherlands. The organization stem from a group of people around the magazine “The Red Youth” founded in 1966 by the Pro-Chinese Red Flag movement. In 1967, relatively shortly after the emergence, the group split from the Red Flag movement to set up its own organization. A small group of 15 people traveled to South Yemen to follow a camp of the People’s Front for the liberation of Palestine combat training, where the RAF was also doing it’s training. In the end, a number of attacks, including bomb attacks, were conducted mainly in and around teh city of Eindhoven in the Netherlands. However, no of these actions were people killed. In September 1972, the car from the Chief Commissioner of the police and the house of the mayor was blown up. When preparing attacks, the Red Youth was also assited by the Marxist-Leninist Party in the Netherlands. In fact, the MLPN was a undercover operation of the domestic security service. Part of the Red Youth was the Red Aid, in support of prisoners and the Red Resistance Front, an organization that conducted protestactions in support of caught RAF members and also provided certain support to the RAF.
Pamphlet made in the Netherlands by the Rode Jeugd (Red Youth). The text on the pamphlet reads:”Political power comes from the course of the gun”. Made in the 1970’s and it comes from a ex-member of the Red Youth organisation. The Red Youth was a communist movement in the Netherlands. The organization stem from a group of people around the magazine “The Red Youth” founded in 1966 by the Pro-Chinese Red Flag movement. In 1967, relatively shortly after the emergence, the group split from the Red Flag movement to set up its own organization. A small group of 15 people traveled to South Yemen to follow a camp of the People’s Front for the liberation of Palestine combat training, where the RAF was also doing it’s training. In the end, a number of attacks, including bomb attacks, were conducted mainly in and around teh city of Eindhoven in the Netherlands. However, no of these actions were people killed. In September 1972, the car from the Chief Commissioner of the police and the house of the mayor was blown up. When preparing attacks, the Red Youth was also assited by the Marxist-Leninist Party in the Netherlands. In fact, the MLPN was a undercover operation of the domestic security service. Part of the Red Youth was the Red Aid, in support of prisoners and the Red Resistance Front, an organization that conducted protestactions in support of caught RAF members and also provided certain support to the RAF.
Folder made in North Korea, 1975, about Mount Kumgang in the Russian Language. Mount Kumgang or the Kumgang Mountains are a mountain range, with a 1,638-metre-high (5,374 ft) Birobong peak, in Kangwon-do, North Korea. It is one of the best-known mountains in North Korea.. It is located on the east coast of the country, in Mount Kumgang Tourist Region, formerly part of Kangwŏn Province. Mount Kumgang is part of the Taebaek mountain range which runs along the east of the Korean Peninsula.
Map of Korea made for the Russian participants of the Festival for youth and students. The text on the map reads:”Welcome to the XIII World Festival of Youth and Students”. The 13th World Festival of Youth and Students (WFYS) was held from 1–8 July 1989 in Pyongyang, the capital of North Korea, and was organized by the World Federation of Democratic Youth. It was described as the largest international event staged in North Korea of the time. Ultimately declared as the largest ever World Festival of Youth and Students, about 22,000 people from 177 countries took part in the festival, including 100 people from the United States. For eight days starting on 1 July 1989. The students participated in political discussions, sports competitions, and other activities. The next festival was held in Cuba in 1997.
Personal notification senden to somebody in the Soviet Union on occassion of the 71st. anniversary of the birth of Kim Il Sung, 1983. On the front is the flower Kimilsungia. The text on the card reads:”On the occasion of the 71st anniversary of the birth of the respected and beloved leader of our people, Comrade Kim Il Sung, we send you these books as a keepsake”.
Paper made in North Korea, 1986, about Aids in South Korea. This somewhat obscure paper ends with:”South Korea has become the highest calamity-stricken area of the present century and an Aids quarantine place. Therefore, it is really a risk to go there and it is virtually a path to hell”.
Document with the title:”Selected Broadcasts From Radio Tirana“. Radio Tirana was a radiostation in Albania in the capital of Tirnana”. This document was made by the KPD-ML. The Communist Party of Germany/Marxist–Leninist (KPD/ML), established on December 31, 1968, was an anti-revisionist pro-China party in West Germany that was later supportive of communist leader of Albania, Enver Hoxha. The KPD/ML was formed by former Communist Party of Germany (KPD) official Ernst Aust, who subsequently became the party’s chairman, on New Year’s Eve 1968 as a split from the KPD. Its periodical was Roter Morgen.
Document made in Albania with a speech of Enver Hoxha during the meeting of 81 communist and worker’s parties in Moscow, 1960. Enver Hoxha (1908-1985) was an Albanian communist revolutionary and statesman who served as the First Secretary of the Party of Labour of Albania, from 1941 until his death in 1985. He was also a member of the Politburo of the Party of Labour of Albania, chairman of the Democratic Front of Albania, commander-in-chief of the armed forces from 1944 until his death. He served as the 22nd Prime Minister of Albania from 1944 to 1954 and at various times served as both foreign minister and defence minister of the People’s Socialist Republic of Albania.
Open letter, 1980, from the German-Albanian friendship organisation in reaction to a article wich was placed in the Stern magazine. According to this letter the article contained misinformation about Albania.
Description letter for the merger conference of the business organization “Government” and the business organization of Dutch mail, Telegraph and telephone workers. Published in 1947. This document once belong to the Rood Verzetsfront (Red Resistance Front) archive. The Red Resistance Front existed from 1977 to 1985. Former members of the Red Youth (a communist group) and its affiliated Red Aid were active in the organisation. The RVF was an aid organization for the “armed resistance” in Western Europe, together with a large number of pamphlets mainly protesting against the detention situation of imprisoned members of the German Red Army Faction (RAF) The RVF also conducted and coordinated actions against the European Parliament elections, which were held for the first time in 1979. The group saw it as part of a political structure that would give Germany and the United States too much power in Europe.
Leaflet from the Social Democratic Woman’s Club about ceasefire day. Armistice Day on November 11 is the annual commemoration of the ceasefire of 11 November 1918, which meant the end of the First World War.
Folder from North Korea, the War Museum, with the US war ship “Pueblo”. USS Pueblo, a navy intelligence as a spy ship, which was attacked and captured by North Korean forces on 23 January 1968, in what was later known as the “Pueblo incident” or alternatively, as the “Pueblo crisis”. North Korea stated that Pueblo deliberately entered their territorial waters 7.6 nautical miles (14 km) away from Ryo Island, and that the logbook shows that they intruded several times. The United States maintains that the vessel was in international waters at the time of the incident and that any purported evidence supplied by North Korea to support its statements was fabricated.mPueblo, still held by North Korea today, officially remains a commissioned vessel of the United States Navy.mSince early 2013, the ship has been moored along the Pothonggang Canal in Pyongyang and used there as a museum ship at the Victorious War Museum.
Map of Korea made in 2017 about Ryomyong street. Ryomyong street is located in northeast of Pyongyang, one end being right by the Eternity Tower and Pyongyang Metro Museum. Famous nearby landmarks include the Kumsusan Palace of the Sun, Kim Il Sung University, the Revolutionary Martyrs’ Cemetery, the botanical garden and Pyongyang Central Zoo. The construction of Ryomyong New Town was announced in March 2016 and the project was completed on 13 April 2017, just two days before one of the most important dates of the DPRK calendar; 15 April, the Day of the Sun. Both local and foreign media were present to witness the opening of the street. Core to Ryomyong Street is the concept of eco-friendliness. All the flats have geothermal cooling, heating systems and solar panels. Despite being located in the city’s capital, Ryomyong street has over 30 thousand flowers and trees and over 200 thousand flowers. Building roofs have trees, lawns and walls have plants.
Map of Korea made in 1981 about Nampo City. Nampo was originally a small fishing village that became a port for foreign trade in 1897, developing into a modern port in 1945 after World War II. With the rapid increase in state investment, the city’s industrial capacity grew. Some of the city’s industrial facilities include the city’s Smelter Complex, Glass Corporation, Shipbuilding Complex, Fishery Complex, and other central and local factories. Nampo is a center for the DPRK shipbuilding industry. North of the city are facilities for freight transportation, aquatic products, and fishery, and a sea salt factory. Apples grown in the city’s Ryonggang district are a famous local product.
Folder made in North Korea, 2006. Folder about the Koryo Hotel in the capital of the DPRK, Pyongyang. The Koryo Hotel is the second largest operating hotel in North Korea, the largest being the Yanggakdo Hotel. The twin-towered Koryo Hotel building is 143 metres (469 ft) tall and contains 43 stories. Erected in 1985 under Kim Il-sung, it was intended to “showcase the glory and strength of the DPRK.” The hotel is rated five stars by North Korea “Koryo” is the name of an early kingdom which is the source of the English name “Korea”. It is also used in the name of the North Korean airline, Air Koryo.
Folder made in North Korea, 1996. The concrete wall devides South and North Korea and is 240km. long, almost 150 miles. The wall was built by South Korea from 1977 to 1979 along the DMZ. 800 thousand tonnes of concrete and 200 thousand tonnes of steel spent with the sole intent of keeping Korea divided and aiming to rid the peninsula of any hope of reunification. The shape of the wall is that of a trapezium, measuring up to 8 meters (26 feet) in height at some areas and having a width of up to 7 meters (22 feet) at the top and 19 meters (62 feet) at the base.
Folder made in North Korea, 2004. Hoeryong is a city in North Hamgyŏng Province, North Korea. Hoeryong is the birthplace of Kim Il Sung’s first wife and Kim Jong Il’s mother, Kim Jong Suk. The Hoeryong Revolutionary Site commemorates the birthplace. Kim Jong Suk (1917-1949) was a Korean anti-Japanese guerrilla, a Communist activist, North Korean leader Kim Il-sung’s first wife, former leader Kim Jong-il’s mother, and current leader Kim Jong-un’s grandmother.
Folder made in North, made in 2000, about the revolutionary martyrs cemetary. Taesongsan Revolutionary Martyrs’ Cemetery is a cemetery and memorial to the North Korean soldiers fighting for freedom and independence against Japanese rule. It is located near the top of Mount Taesong (Taesongsan) in the Taesong-guyŏk, just outside Pyongyang, North Korea. The cemetery with hundreds of tombs was completed in 1975 and in October 1985 was renovated and expanded. It covers an area of 30 hectares. The entrance to the cemetery is marked by a monumental gate in Korean style. Each of the graves is provided with a bronze bust. At the far end of the memorial there is a red flag made of granite.
Folder made in North Kora, 2011, about the Hyangsan Hotel. This 6-star hotel (5-stars internationally) is known as the country’s best hotel. Built with Stalinist architecture in mind and at 15 stories tall. The building resembles a pyramid and has a revolving restaurant as its crown. It was built in 1986 but full renovations were completed in 2010 bringing the hotel into the modern age. Rooms are outfitted with western-style beds and flat screen TVs. The suite and standard rooms offer private balconies to enjoy the pristine views of the Mt. Myohyang area outside. The hotel offers no shortage of amenities: multiple restaurants, a brewery and bar, beauty salon, and a hair dresser are featured here. There is no shortage of recreational activities available here as well: A gym, billiards tables, a dance hall, a karaoke room, a swimming pool, and a theater for plays are all here for any guest’s enjoyment.
Folder made in North Kora, 1994, about the Chilgol Revolutionary Site. Chilgol is known as the place where Kang Pan-sok, the mother of Kim Il-sung, North Korea’s first leader, was born in 1892 and spent her childhood. The area features many buildings and fixtures related to Kim Il-sung’s life. Kim attended Changdok School in Chilgol between 1923 and 1925. Kang Pan-sok’s father Kang Ton-uk founded the school. Kim Il-sung’s desk, in the front of the classroom and left of the teacher, remains preserved there. There are statues for Kim Il-sung, Kang Pan-sok, and Kang Ton-uk, and a marked spot where Kim Il-sung used to read among the trees outside. Also on the premises is Chilgol Church, which Kang Pan-sok used to attend, sometimes with Kim Il-sung, and Chilgol Museum of Revolutionary History. The museum houses Kang Pan-sok’s possessions including kitchen utensils. Kang Pan-sok Senior Middle School in Chilgol is named after her.
Folder made in North Kora, 2016, about the Sci-tech Complex. The DPRK Sci-Tech Complex is a science and technology centre housed in a large atom-shaped building located on Ssuk Island in Pyongyang, accessed by the Chungsong Bridge. It was completed in 2015.
Folder made in North Kora, 1989, about King Kongmin’s Tomb. The Tomb of King Kongmin, more correctly known as the Hyonjongrung Royal Tomb, is a 14th-century mausoleum located in Haeson-ri, Kaepung County just outside the city of Kaesong, North Korea. It is one of the Royal Tombs of the Koryo Dynasty. The site consists of two separate burial mounds, “Hyonrung”, which contain the remains of Kongmin, 31st king of the Koryo Dynasty, and “Jongrung”, which contains his primary wife, the Mongolian princess Budashiri, Princess Noguk. Nominated for World Heritage status, it is one of the best preserved royal tombs in North Korea which remains in its original state, having avoided extensive restoration under the Communist government.
Folder made in North Kora, 2011, about the State Theatre. The East Pyongyang Grand Theatre is a 2,500-seat theatre located in the North Korean capital, Pyongyang. It was the site of the 2008 concert by the New York Philharmonic, which was the first significant cultural visit to North Korea by the United States since the Korean War. The hall was built in 1989 and is normally a venue for performances that celebrate North Korea’s Leaders and national achievements, and revolutionary operas that depict North Korea’s struggles in song and dance. The December before the concert, it had hosted an opera honoring Kim Jong-suk, the mother of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il.
Folder made in North Kora, 1992, about the Kwangbop Temple. The Kwangbop Temple is an historic structure located in Mt. Taesong, Pyongyang, North Korea. Built during the early period of Koguryo during the reign of King Kwanggaetho, it is listed as item 164 on the list of National Treasures of North Korea The temple was built during the reign of Gwanggaeto the Great; it is one of a large number of temples that were built in Pyongyang during this time. Originally built in 392, it was destroyed by fire in 1700. It was rebuilt and enlarged in 1727. Destroyed again during the Korean War during a bombing of Pyongyang in 1952, it was not rebuilt until 1990. Visiting Buddhist monks are taken for tours here.
Folder made in North Kora, 2011, about historical relics in Kaesong. From the folder:”The relics and remains from the periods of Koryo (918-1392) and the Ri Dynasty (1392-1910) make up the large proportion of them. Many relics were stolen, destroyed and burnt up by barbarous foreign agressors and during Japan’s militairy occupation of Korea and the Korean war ignited by the US imperialists. Lots of relics in Kaesong has been restored to their original state and are in good preservation thanks to the policy of the Workers’ Party of Korea on preserving the national cultural assets.
Folder made in North Kora, 2014, about the Arch Of Triumph. The Arch of Triumph is an arch in Pyongyang. It was built to commemorate the Korean resistance to Japan from 1925 to 1945. It is the second tallest triumphal arch in the world standing 60 m (197 ft) high and 50 m (164 ft) wide. The monument was built to honour and glorify President Kim Il Sung’s role in the military resistance for Korean independence. Inaugurated on the occasion of his 70th birthday, each of its 25,500 blocks of white granite represents a day of his life up to that point. The structure is modeled after the Arc de Triomphe in Paris, but is 10 metres (33 ft) taller. The arch is illuminated at night and has its own single cylinder diesel generator in case of main power failure.
Folder made in North Kora, 2016 about the May Day Stadium. The Rungrado 1st of May Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium occupying an area of 20.7 hectares (51 acres) on Rungra Island, Pyongyang, North Korea. It opened on 1 May 1989, with its first major event being the 13th World Festival of Youth and Students. It is the second largest stadium in the world by seating capacity (after India’s Narendra Modi Stadium), considering the re-estimated number of seats in 2014, and the largest stadium in the world considering its official seating capacity. The stadium is currently used for football matches, a few athletics events, and most often for the mass games of the Arirang Festival. The stadium’s scalloped roof features 16 arches arranged in a ring, and resembles a magnolia blossom. It hosts events on a main pitch covering 22,500 m2 (242,000 sq ft). Its total floor space is over 207,000 m2 (2,230,000 sq ft) across eight stories, and the lobes of its roof peak at more than 60 m (200 ft) above the ground. The stadium was originally built with an official capacity of 150,000. After a 2014 remodel which included the replacement of some bench seating with individual seats, observers estimated a new capacity of approximately 114,000.
Folder made in North Kora, 2009. The Ogasan Nature Reserve is a national park located in North Korea. It is situated around Mount Oga, which straddles the borders of Hwap’yŏng county in Chagang Province and Kimhyŏngjik county in Ryanggang. Rising to 1204 m above sea level, the park covers 6000 ha, including 800 ha of some of the oldest old-growth forest in North Korea, and more than 1330 species of plants and animals. The mountain hosts a diverse variety of plant and animal life, including both boreal and temperate species, which are divided into different zones of broadleaved, mixed and coniferous forests as one ascends the mountain. The site has been identified by BirdLife International as an Important Bird Area.
Folder made in North Korea, 2016. Mirae Scientists street (Future Scientists street) is a street in a newly developed area in Pyongyang to house scientific institutions of the Kim Chaek University of Technology and their employees. The six-lane street, located between Pyongyang Railway station and the Taedong river, is lined by high rise apartments. The area was formally opened on November 3, 2015. The tallest building is the 53-story blue Mirae Unha Tower. The street is designed to emphasize Kim Jong Un’s focus on science and technology. Mirae Scientists Street was reportedly the first location where the Mirae public WiFi network was installed.
Folder made in North Korea, 2014. Covering an area of over 627 000 sq m, the Mirim Riding Club is furnished with all the conditions and environment needed for learning and activities of horse riding, including an indoor training ground, three racing courses, seven basic training grounds, and riding knowledge learning area, relaxation centre, riding station, veterinary hospital and breeding institute.
Folder made in North Korea, 2013. The Mansu Hill Grand Monument is a complex of monuments in Pyongyang, North Korea. There are 229 figures in all, commemorating the history of the revolutionary struggle of the Korean people, and especially their leaders. The central part of the monument consists of two 20-meter-tall (66 ft.) bronze statues of deceased North Korean leaders Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il. The monument was originally dedicated in April 1972 in honor of Kim Il Sung’s 60th birthday. At the time, the monument featured only Kim Il Sung. The statue was originally covered in gold leaf, but was later altered to bronze. Following Kim Jong Il’s death in 2011, a similar statue of him was erected on the north side of Kim Il Sung.
Folder made in North Korea, 2011, about the E-Library at the Kim Il Sung University. An e-library was build at Kim Il Sung University in Pyingyang, the capital of the DPRK. It was opened in 210. It’s total building area is more than 15.000 square meters.
Folder made in North Korea, 2005, about the Kim Il Sung University. The Kim Il-sung University, founded on 1 October 1946, is the first university built in North Korea. It is located on a 15-hectare (37-acre) campus in Pyongyang, the nation’s capital. Along with the main academic buildings, the campus contains 10 separate offices, 50 laboratories, libraries, museums, a printing press, an R&D centre, dormitories and a hospital. There is a sizeable computer lab, but it has only limited internet access. The university is named in honour of Kim Il-sung, the founder and first supreme leader of North Korea. Kim Il-sung University has around 16,000 enrolled students, and provides courses in the fields of social sciences, law, arts and sciences. Courses in both the department of social sciences and the department of natural sciences take five years to complete.
Folder made in North Korea, 2001, about King Tongmyong’s Mausoleum. The Tomb of King Tongmyong is a mausoleum located in near Ryongsan-ri, Ryokpo-guyok, Pyongyang, North Korea. One of the tombs is the royal tomb of Dongmyeong (58–19 BC), the founder of the ancient Goguryeo kingdom, northernmost of the Three Kingdoms of Korea. In total, there are 63 individual tombs of the period. The area around the Tongmyong contains at least fifteen known tombs believed to belong to various vassal lords. The tomb has achieved World Heritage status as part of the Complex of Koguryo Tombs inscribed by UNESCO in 2004 and covers an area of 233 hectares (580 acres) with a buffer zone of 1,701 hectares (4,200 acres). A unique feature of this and the other extant tombs in the area are its wall paintings depicting lotuses blossoming of that period indicative of Buddhism practiced in Korea (277 BC to 668 AD).
Folder made in North Korea, 2013, about the Ryugyong Health Complex. Opened in 2012 after a year of construction, the Ryugyong Health Complex is a large set of buildings and activity centres on the east side of Pyongyang, a part of town that has become increasingly focused on health and leisure; also home to various hospitals, theatres, the Golden lane Bowling Centre, the Kumrung Health Centre, and more. Ryugyong Health Complex includes the Pyongyang People’s Outdoor Skating Rink, the Pyongyang Skate Park, as well as gyms, barbers, beauty salons, saunas, cafeterias, and much more.
Folder made in North Korea, 2013, for the King Tangun Mausoleum. Tangun was the legendary founder and god King of Gojoseon, the first Korean kingdom. He is said to be the “grandson of heaven” and “son of a bear”, and to have founded the kingdom in 2333 BC. North Korea’s leader Kim Il Sung said that Tangun was not merely a legend but a real historical person. North Korean archaeologists located the remains and grave of Tangun. According to a publication by North Korea, the Mausoleum of Tangun is the burial site of the legendary Tangun. Tangun’s grave is shaped like a pyramid, about 22 m (72 ft) high and 50 m (164 ft) on each side.
Folder made in North Korea, 2013, about the Myonhangsan History Museum. From the folder:”Covering an Area of over 50.000m2 the museum has within his compound many structures typical of the building in the period of Koryo. There is a storehouse for the 80.000 blocks of the complete collection of Buddhist scriptures showing the superior printing technique of the Koran ancestors”.
Folder made in North Korea, 2006, about the Sinhung battle sites. From the folder:”The Sinhung area revolutionary battle sites include wide area covering Kyonghung-Ri, Yonggo-Ri, Sogok-Ri and Yongung-Ri in Sinhung country, Paegam-Ri in Jangjin County and Jadong-Ri in Yonggwang County, South Hamgyong Province. They are secret bases were small unit members of the Korean People’s Revolutionary Army waged an active ant-Japanese revolutionary struggle in the second half of the 1930’s and in teh first half of the 1940’s and significant places where President Kim Il Sung and the anti-Japanese heroin Kim Jong Suk came out many times”.
Folder made in North Korea, 2005, about the Party Founding Museum. The Party Founding Museum is a museum located in the Central District of Pyongyang, North Korea, on the south side of Mt. Haebang. The building was constructed by the Japanese occupation government in 1923.
Folder made in North Korea, 2000 about the Grand People’s Study House. The Grand People’s Study House is the central library located in the North Korean capital, Pyongyang. The building is situated on Kim Il-sung Square by the banks of the Taedong River. The Study House was constructed in a traditional Korean style in April 1982 over a period of 21 months to celebrate leader Kim Il Sung’s 70th birthday.vThe library was opened as the “centre for the project of intellectualising the whole of society and a sanctuary of learning for the entire people.”. The library is located in the center of the capital (the Central District of Pyongyang) which is one of the most important neighbourhoods in the country because it is the national governmental district. Beside the library is the Supreme People’s Assembly and other governmental office blocks. Directly in front of the library is the Kim Il Sung Square (the third largest public square in the world) where the country’s national events take place.
Folder made in North Korea, 2007, about Mt. Ryongak. Mt. Ryongak is a hill on the outskirts of Pyongyang and popular hiking spot. Kim Il Sung used to love to come here when he was a boy. The other kids were scared off by its name (“ryong” means dragon), but that never discouraged Kim Il Sung, the courageous young lad he was.
Folder made in North Korea, 2005, of the Monument To Party Foundation. The Monument is a monument in Pyongyang, the capital of North Korea. The monument is rich in symbolism: its hammer, sickle and calligraphy brush symbolize the workers, farmers and intellectuals. It is 50 meters high to symbolize the 50-year anniversary of the founding of the Workers’ Party of Korea. The number of slabs comprising the belt around the monument and its diameter stand for the date of birth of Kim Jong Il. The inscription on the outer belt says “Long live the leader and organizer of the victories of the people of Korea, the Worker’s Party of Korea!” On the inside of the belt are three bronze reliefs with their distinct meanings: the historical root of the party, the unity of people under the party and the party’s vision for a progressive future. Two red flag-shaped buildings with letters forming the words “ever-victorious” surround the monument. The monument, designed by Mansudae Art Studio was completed on 10 October 1995, on the 50th anniversary of the foundation of the Workers’ Party of Korea.A previous monument dedicated to the foundation had been erected on 10 October 1975 on the grounds of the Party Founding Museum. The Monument to Party Founding appeared on postage stamps in 1995 and 2005 and is featured on the 50 won banknote.
Folder made in North Korea, 2003, for the victory in the battle of the Musan area. The battles in the Musan area were fought under command of Kim Il Sung. The Korean people erected the monument in the 1970s in commemoration of the victory in the battles of the Musan area against the Japanese imperialists. The monument was rebuilt afterwards.
Folder made in North Korea, 2007, about the Migok Cooperative Farm. From the folder:”The Migok Cooperative Farm is situated in Sariwon City, North Hwanghae province, DPRK. President Kim Il Sung and the leader Kim Jong Il visited the farm on many occasions and illumined the road to be followed by it. Thanks to them, it has turnd into a farm wich goes ahead of others in all sectors including grain production and living conditions of farmers throughout the country. In the past the farmers of Migok suffered from floods. Now they lead a worthy and happy life, boasting of their native villages”.
Folder made in North Korea, 2012, about the Kim Jong Suk Sanatoruim. From the folder:”Kim Jong Suk Sanatorium located in Kyongsong County is famous for spa therapy. The sanatorium, surrounded by beautiful landscape, has more than 10 buildings and service facilities, greatly conducive to the promotion of people’s health”.
Folder made in North Korea, 2002, about Arirang. The Grand Mass Gymnastics and Artistic Performance Arirang is a mass gymnastics and artistic festival held in Pyongyang, North Korea. The games usually take place in August or September. The games were held annually between 2002 and 2013, with the exception of 2006. After a five year hiatus, the Arirang Mass Games returned for a performance entitled ‘The Glorious Country’ in 2018. In August 2007, the Arirang Mass Games were recognised by Guinness World Records as the largest gymnastic display with 100,090 participants at the May Day Stadium in Pyongyang. Arirang is a Korean folk song that is often considered to be the anthem of Korea. There are about 3,600 variations of 60 different versions of the song, all of which include a similar refrain. It is estimated the song is more than 600 years old. Arirang is included twice on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage list. By South Korea and North Korea.
Folder made in North Korea, 2002 about the reunification monument. The Arch of Reunification (officially Monument to the Three-Point Charter for National Reunification) is a sculptural arch located south of Pyongyang, the capital of North Korea. It was opened in August 2001 to commemorate Korean reunification proposals put forward by Kim Il Sung. The concrete arch straddles the multi-laned Reunification Highway leading from Pyongyang to the DMZ. It consists of two Korean women in traditional dress (chosŏn-ot), symbolizing the North and the South, leaning forward to jointly uphold a sphere bearing a map of a reunified Korea. The sphere is the emblem of the Three Charters; the Three Principles of National Reunification; the Plan of Establishing the Democratic Federal Republic of Korea and the Ten Point Program of the Great Unity of the Whole Nation. The original plan was to have a 55-metre pillar with three branches to represent Koreans in the north, the south, and overseas. The plinth of the structure is engraved with messages of support for reunification and peace from various individuals, organizations, and nations. The arch appeared on a postage stamp in 2002.
Folder made in North Korea, 2010 about the changed Taehongdan Plain. From the folder:”The Taehongdan Plain stretches endlessly in Taehongdan County, in the northern part of the DPRK. Over the recent decade the agricultural officials and workers introduced advanced scientific agricultural methods in the whole processes of potato farming to drastically increase the output and are mass producing appetizing foodstuffs by putting the processing on an industrial footing in tandem with the growth of production in hearty response of the leader Kim Jong Il’s plan to properly solve the food problem of the people and build a thriving nation at the earliest possible date”.
Folder made in North Korea, 2001, Sinchon Museum. From the folder:”Sinchon County in South Hwanghae province is a place where the US imperialistst and their stooges committed the atrocities of mass muder while the Korean People’s Army was carrying out a strategic temporary retreat during the Korean war. The US aggressors slaughtered 35.383 people, a quarter of the total population.
Folder made in North Korea, 2014, about Munsu Water Park. From the folder:”Munsu Water Park has been built on the bank of the picturesque Taedong River in Pyongyang, capital of the DPRK. The name Munsu originated from the fact that this area is as beautiful as an embroidery on silk cloth. The park covers 125.000m3. Munsu Water Park, were pleasure and peculiarity os sunbathing at the seashore can be felt all the year round, is always crowded with people who, with delight and hapiness, enjoy the benefits of socialist civilization to their heart’s content”.
Folder made in North Korea, 1998, about Mount Jongbang. Mt. Jongbang rises 481m high at Jongbang-ri, in Sariwon. The mountin ridges appeared a square at the viewer’s eye level – that is why it is called Jongbang. In the mountain there are many spots to enjoy beatiful landscapes. In the mountain there are magnificent waterfalls, 100m high cliffs and dense forest. In the remote past there were 48 temples in the mountain but only the Songbul Temple has survived till present.
Folder made in North Korea, 2006, about the Moranbong Theatre. The Moranbong Theatre was the first of its kind in Pyongyang and was built in the spring of 1946 in a Soviet-influenced neoclassical design not long after Korea’s liberation. The theatre occupies the site of a former Shinto Shrine used by the Japanese during their occupation of Korea. In 1948 the theatre would become politically significant, hosting the joint North-South conference for the year where representatives from both sides called for the withdrawal of foreign troops on the Korean peninsula. Later on, in 1948, the theatre would host the Supreme People’s Assembly’s first session where the DPRK founding was proclaimed. During the Korean war, the building was almost completely destroyed by the bombing campaigns in and around Pyongyang city. By the time the dust had settled, all that remained were two external walls. In 1954 the building was reconstructed entirely according to the original building plans, and the exterior remains largely untouched to this day. The Moranbong Theatre underwent significant renovations in 2006 to modernize the auditorium hall and upgrade the interior facilities. After the renovations in 2006, a special concert was held commemorating the 250th anniversary of Mozart’s birth.
Folder made in North Korea about Mt. Kumkang. Mount Kumgang or the Kumgang Mountains are a mountain range, with a 1,638-metre-high (5,374 ft) Birobong peak, in Kangwon-do, North Korea. It is one of the best-known mountains in North Korea.. It is located on the east coast of the country, in Mount Kumgang Tourist Region, formerly part of Kangwŏn Province. Mount Kumgang is part of the Taebaek mountain range which runs along the east of the Korean Peninsula.
Folder made in North Korea, 1995 about King Wanggon’s Tomb. The Tomb of King Wanggŏn, more correctly known as the Hyŏllŭng Royal Tomb, is a mausoleum located Haesong-ri, Kaepung County near Kaesŏng, North Korea. The tomb belongs to the founder of the Goryeo Dynasty, Wanggeon, who adopted the name Taejo upon ascending the throne and was the first king to unify the entire Korean peninsula after subjugation the southern states of Silla and Baekje. Construction on the tomb began after the king’s death in 943. Nonetheless, by the end of the occupation period there was little left of the original tomb, which had deteriorated due to abandonment and looting by Japanese forces. The tomb was heavily reconstructed in 1994. The site is nominated for World Heritage status.