Price: 114.00 euro Size: 31cm./12.2inch. Weight: 3596gr./126.8oz.
Big heavy statue of Felix Dzerzhinsky. Quality piece and hard to find. Felix Edmundovich Dzerzhinsky (1877-1926), nicknamed “Iron Felix”, was a Bolshevik revolutionary and official. Born into Polish nobility, from 1917 until his death in 1926 Dzerzhinsky led the first two Soviet state-security organizations, the Cheka and the OGPU, establishing a secret police for the post-revolutionary Soviet regime. He was one of the architects of the KGB. Dzerzhinsky spent four and a half years in tsarist prisons. Dzerzhinsky was beaten frequently by the Russian prison guards, which caused the permanent disfigurement of his jaw and mouth. In 1916, Dzerzhinsky was moved to the Moscow Butyrka prison, where he was soon hospitalized because the chains that he was forced to wear had caused severe cramps in his legs. Despite the prospects of amputation, Dzerzhinsky recovered and was put to labor sewing military uniforms. Felix Dzerzhinsky was freed from prison after the February Revolution of 1917. Lenin regarded Felix Dzerzhinsky as a revolutionary hero and appointed him to organize a force to combat internal threats known as Cheka. The Cheka undertook drastic measures as thousands of political opponents and saboteurs were eliminated. Besides his leadership of the secret police, Dzerzhinsky also took on a number of other roles; he led the fight against typhus in 1918, was chair of the Commissariat for Internal Affairs from 1919 to 1923, initiated a vast orphanage construction program, chaired the Transport Commissariat, organised the embalming of Lenin’s body in 1924 and chaired the Society of Friends of Soviet Cinema. A 15-ton iron monument of Dzerzhinsky, which once dominated the Lubyanka Square in Moscow, near the KGB headquarters, also became known as Iron Felix.
Price: 132.00 euro Size: 45×12.7cm./17.7x5inch. Weight: 4965gr./175oz.
Very big and heavy statue of Nikolay Chernyshevsky and signed. Made of aluminium alloy. Nikolay Gavrilovich Chernyshevsky (1828-1889) was a Russian revolutionary, materialist philosopher, writer, editor, critic, and socialist. He was the leader of the revolutionary movement of the 1860s, and had an influence on Vladimir Lenin, Emma Goldman, and Svetozar Marković. He graduated at the local seminary where he learned English, French, German, Italian, Latin, Greek and Old Slavonic. At St Petersburg University he kept a diary of trivia like the number of tears he shed over a dead friend. It was here that he became an atheist. By the time he graduated from the university, Chernyshevsky developed revolutionary and materialist views. He saw class struggle as the means of society’s forward movement and advocated for the interests of the working people. In his view, the masses were the chief maker of history. He is reputed to have used the phrase “the worse the better”, to indicate that the worse the social conditions became for the poor, the more inclined they would be to launch a revolution. Russian bolshevik Vladimir Ilyich Lenin praised Chernyshevsky: “..he approached all the political events of his times in a revolutionary spirit and was able to exercise a revolutionary influence by advocating, in spite of all the barriers and obstacles placed in his way by the censorship, the idea of a peasant revolution, the idea of the struggle of the masses for the overthrow of all the old authorities”
Price: 78.00 euro
Russian soldiers, 1 injured.One with a gun, the other with a hand grenade. Statue is made of aluminum and has an inscription on the side but also on the bottom.
This monument is standing on the memorial site Mamayev Hill in Volgograd, formely known as Stalingrad. The memorial site is best known for the enormous statue “Motherland Calls”. The “Square of Heroes” part on this huge memorial site is a long waterpoul wich represents the river Volga wich was a stronghold of the Soviets in the battle of Stalingrad. Along the poul there are numerous statues and this is one of them.
The Mamayev hill was the highest point in Stalingrad and thus an important objective of the German Army during the battle of Stalingrad.
Fighting for this hill began on 13 September 1942, when German troops assaulted the fortified Mamayev, which was defended by the Soviet Army. When the Germans took the hill, they began firing on the centre of Stalingrad. The Soviets retook Mamayev on 16 September 1942, suffering extreme losses. The Germans assaulted the hill an avarage of 12 times a day and the hill changed several times of ownership during the battle. The German Army managed to take half of Mamayev hill on 27 September 1942. This situation remained unchanged untill the defenders’s relief by the Sovjet winter offensive on 26 January 1943 wich was a turning point on the Eastern Front.
“Square of Heroes”, in the background “Motherland Calls”
Price: 390.00 euro
Soviet Union statue. Very big and a top quality piece. The text on the front says:”Defenders Of The Liberators”. Soldier with star on his helmet and PPSh machine gun in hand.With his other hand, he is holding a boy wearing komsomol clothes, a red scarf and cap.Left and right is text and we think it was created by Konstantin Gavrlovichi in 1958.Rare beautiful image. Just an amazing piece.
Price: 36.00 euro
Art casting, rare sculpture “Youth of Komsomol” Tokmak metal factory, 1960s. With an image of young warriors. Aluminum gold painted statue.
The All Union Leninist Young Communist League, usually known as Komsomol, was a political youth organization in the Soviet Union. It is sometimes described as the youth division of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (CPSU), although it was officially independent and referred to as “The helper and the reserve of the CPSU”. An estimated 2/3 of the Soviet population had been member of the Komsomol organisation.
Price: 40.00 euro
Statue modelled of the monument “Stand To The Death” monument in Volvograd, also known as Stalingrad.
The statue is on a memorial site. Nearby there is the enormous statue of “The Motherland Calls”. The battle of Stalingrad was a turning point in the war between nazi Germay and Russia. After this battle Russia pushed back the German troops until they reached Berlin. Very brutal war with millions of deaths. Stalingrad is now called Volgograd.
The Stand to the Death monument in Volvograd (Stalingrad).
Price: 57.00 euro
Sculpture made from the gigantic statue “Motherland Calls”.
The Motherland Calls is the compositional centre of the monument-ensemble “Heroes of the Battle of Stalingrad” in Volgograd, Russia, former Stalingrad.
It was designed by sculptor Yevgeny Vuchetich and declared the tallest statue in the world in 1967. At 85 metres (279 ft), it is the tallest statue in Europe and the tallest statue of a woman in the world. The construction of the monument was started in 1959 and completed in 1967. It was the tallest sculpture in the world at the time of creation. Restoration work on the main monument of the monument complex was done in 1972, when the sword was replaced by another entirely consisting of stainless steel. It is most likely that Vuchetich sculpted the figure from the discus thrower Nina Dumbadze, and the face from his wife Vera.
Price: 50.00 euro
Soviet youth movement Komsomol.Boy with red scarf, cap and flag. Made from porcelain, undamaged and hand painted. The Komsomol was a communist youth organization in the Soviet Union.It is estimated that at least 2/3 of the adult population of Russia have been members of this organization.
Price: 50.00 euro
Soviet youth movement Komsomol.Boy with red scarf and globe in hand. Made from porcelain, undamaged and hand painted. The Komsomol was a communist youth organization in the Soviet Union.It is estimated that at least 2/3 of the adult population of Russia have been members of this organization.
Price: 95.00 euro
This is a beautiful Russian art style statue made in the 70’s. There different issues made of this statue in the Soviet years but this one is more unique because of it’s size. Normally they were made much smaller. This one is the biggest one made making it much more rare.
In 1959, this statue promoting the slogan Let Us Beat Swords into Plowshares was donated by the Soviet Union to the United Nations and was made of bronze. It was sculpted by Yevgeny Vuchetich to represent the human wish to end all wars by converting the weapons of death into peaceful and productive tools that are more beneficial to mankind. It is standing at the United Nations building still to this day.
It was donated to improve relationsships between the Soviet Union and Western Country’s. Wich did not work.
Yevgeny Vuchetich was a prominent Soviet sculptor and artist. He is known for his heroic monuments, often of allegoric style, including The Motherland Calls, the largest sculpture in the world at the time.
The statue at the VN building in New York
The gigantic “Motherland Calls” statue, 85 meters/279 feet high. The tallest statue in the world in 1967.
Price: 35.00 euro
Beautiful made hand with torch. The inscription says:”Volgograd”.
This is a replica of a monument located in Volgograd, formarly known as Stalingrad, in the Hall Of Militairy Glory.
Marked by fierce close quarters combat and direct assaults on civilians in air raids, it was the largest and bloodiest battle in the history of warfare with 1.8-2 million killed, wounded or captured. After their defeat at Stalingrad, the Germans had to withdraw vast military forces from the Western Front to replace their losses. The battle of Stalingrad was a turning point in WWII. After Germany lost the battle the Russians gained much ground and drove the Germans back until they reached Berlin making Germany lose the war.